The uniqueness of the Krishnamacharya tradition of Yoga lies in this, that Yoga is tailor-made to suit the individual. This is done by continually adapting, and applying the wide range of tools available in Yoga appropriately to suit the unique and changing needs of the care seeker, thus bringing about the therapeutic benefits in the most effective manner.
This program will offer an in-depth training in applying the holistic principles of Yoga as a complementary system of healing. This training program is most suited for those who would like to become Yoga Therapists and for those who wish to develop individualized complementary Yoga Therapy processes for students with different kinds of ailments or health concerns.
By undergoing this intense training, students learn about the therapeutic aspects of Yoga so that they may facilitate others in their journey towards self-empowerment, healing and personal transformation.
It will also provide a good opportunity for trainees to develop their own unique strengths as healers.
Following the holistic and classical teachings of Professor Sri T Krishnamacharya, this exhaustive training will:
• Present the most important principles of Yoga Therapy as a self-empowering, holistic and
complementary system of health
• Provide comprehensive training in the understanding and application of the vast array of tools that Yoga offers to address a wide range of health concerns in a holistic manner
• Help understand and learn how to implement the one-to-one approach to healing through Yoga
• Explore the role of Yoga in developing and supporting a wellness-oriented lifestyle
• Educate on professional and ethical standards under which Yoga Therapy must be practiced
• Assist in providing a safe environment to facilitate the trainees in the often challenging journey of personal and spiritual development as well as evolution of their own unique strengths as healers.
Some of the tools used in the tradition of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar include (but are not limited to) the following : postures (asana), breath regulation (pranayama), meditation (dhyanam), dietary recommendations (ahara niyama), lifestyle suggestions (vihara niyama), chanting (mantra), visualizations / affirmations (bhavana), special energetic seals (mudra), symbolic gestures (nyasa) and guided self-inquiry (svadhyaya).
A comprehensive understanding of these tools and how to utilize them in individualized Yoga Therapy, will form a core part of the training program. The training will be conducted in English. It may be translated into German subject to the number of German speaking participants.