In the classical tradition of Professor Sri T Krishnamacharya, represented through Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation, Yoga Therapy is practiced with the following orientation:
• As a self-empowering process, where the Care Seeker is responsible for his/her healing process.
• In an individualized, one-to-one setting
• As multi-dimensional in its approach, often utilizing many tools of Yoga
• As an individual centric process
• As a context sensitive method, respecting the age, occupation, ability and other parameters of the
• As an evolving process, not an instant solution
• As a personal and spiritual development path, and a process to develop one’s own unique strengths
• As a collaborative and complementary system of self-health care.
V. THE YOGA THERAPY TRAINING
This program will offer an in-depth training in applying the holistic principles of Yoga as a complementary system of healing. This training program is most suited for those who would like to become Yoga Therapists and for those who wish to develop individualized complementary Yoga Therapy processes for students with different kinds of ailments or health concerns. By undergoing this intense training, students learn about the therapeutic aspects of Yoga so that they may facilitate others in their journey towards self-empowerment, healing and personal transformation.
It will also provide a good opportunity for trainees to develop their own unique strengths as healers.