Following the holistic and classical teachings of Professor Sri T Krishnamacharya, this exhaustive Therapy Training will
• Present the most important principles of Yoga Therapy as a self-empowering, holistic and complementary system of health
• Provide comprehensive training in the understanding and application of the vast array of tools that Yoga offers to address a wide range of health concerns in a holistic manner
• Help understand and learn how to implement the one-to-one approach to healing through Yoga
• Explore the role of Yoga in developing and supporting a wellness-oriented lifestyle
• Educate on professional and ethical standards under which Yoga Therapy must be practiced
• Assist in providing a safe environment to facilitate the trainees in the often challenging journey of personal and spiritual development as well as evolution of their own unique strengths as healers
Some of the tools used in the tradition of T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar include (but are not limited to) the following : postures (asana), breath regulation (pranayama), meditation (dhyanam), dietary recommendations (ahara niyama), lifestyle suggestions (vihara niyama), chanting (mantra), visualizations / affirmations (bhavana), special energetic seals (mudra), symbolic gestures (nyasa) and guided self-inquiry (svadhyaya).